Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Draft IRC meeting rules

* Peter Flynn

| 2. Meeting-specific behaviour
|
|     a. No obscure nicks, use forename or variant
|     b. Signal your intent to speak or comment by typing "!" on its own
|     c. Chair gives the floor (donner la parole) to each speaker by
|        typing ">" and the member's nick (ie no speaking out of turn)
|     d. Withdraw a pending request to speak by typing "X"
|     e. Type only whole (short) sentences, not multi-liners: signal there
|        is more to come by ending line with ...

I like this, but wonder if it wouldn't be better to let people signal
their intent to stop speaking. I guess most will forget the "..."s
every now and then, and then we'll have chaos. They may of course
forget the "I'm done now"-signal as well, but then will remember once
everything goes quiet and nobody's saying anything.

| * Actually it would be neat if there was a "Chair" meetingbot which
|   would keep track of ! and X etc. Maybe someone has done one but I
|   haven't found it.

Don't tempt me. :-)