Subject: RE: [tm-pubsubj] Contradicting a PSI

Patrick

I meant (I think Lars Marius also) a contradiction in the following sense

Publisher declares a PSI to identify a subject A
User uses it as a PSI to identify a topic X, of which actual subject is B,
not identical to A.

'A is not identical to B' means 'it exists some assertion true for B that
is false for A'.
This is the simplest way to say two subjects are different : you can say
something which is true for one and false for the other.

This is in which the user 'contradicts' the publisher definition.

Of course, if the subject definition is formal, that can be detected by
reasoners. If the definition is unformal, it could not show as easily ...
just the usual confusion and fuzzyness of natural language ...

No more, no less.

Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant
Knowledge Engineering