Subject: [Fwd: FW: PSI's for countries]

Greetings,

I am forwarding this message on behalf of Gabriel.

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005

--- Begin Message ---
Title: Bericht
Hello Patrick,
Can you post my message to the PubSubj mailing list? (see below)?
Unless of course it is not relevant...
I am at the moment busy with adding Dutch names for 3166-core.xtm, I will send it to you as it is finished.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Gabriel

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Gabriel Hopmans (Morpheus) [mailto:g.hopmans@mssm.nl]
Verzonden: maandag 15 augustus 2005 16:10
Aan: 'comment-form@oasis-open.org'
CC: 'topicmapmail@infoloom.com'
Onderwerp: PSI's for countries

Hello All,

Why is the last part of PSI's for Countries a number and not the more common used alpha 2- or 3- code elements?

We have this PSI for Thailand:
http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/3166/#764

But the 2-letter code http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/3166/#TH seems to me a lot more useful.
We also have/had:
 http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/country.xtm#TH

In some projects we are doing it would be a lot more useful to have the 2/3 code elements because then we could just generate them half-automatically.
Now we need to make mappings between the numbers and the code elements.

Or we need to use the mappings available at:
http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/3166/3166-mapping.xtm
And is this last option then best practise?

Maybe it is also an idea to start a broader discussion about Published Subjects at the TMRA conference? There are (I suppose) still open space session tracks available?

Thanks,

Gabriel

G. Hopmans
Morpheus Software
Kennistechnologie Services
"We like to know and we know what we like"

Postbus 240
6200 AE Maastricht

bezoekadres:
xfordlaan 70 (Biopartner Incubator gebouw)
6229 EV Maastricht

T + 31 43 388 5831
M + 31 65209 1795
F + 31 43 388 5889