Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Proposal to invite Laurent as a guest in XTM

To elaborate on my situation:

I'm in the (un)enviable position of "point person" for exploring and validating the use of XTM, especially in regards to tradition (HTML) and our future (WAP, XML, UML, ad
nauseum).

In my spare time I build Origame Tesseracts ;)

My true situation is that I've *no time* at all to spend on anything other than the core subject.  (I'm sure that's true for many of us in industry and commerce.)

If that works, then I can get budget approval for more involvement from our company.  Otherwise, there's simply too many competing opportunities, even within W3, for me to
spend much time on any one of them.  It's not that I don't want to participate and contribute, it's that I have too many choices; and, having a limited human capacity for
processing, I'm still required by my company to make such choices.

So, (and not reflecting in any way upon this group's efforts) If *I* perceive nothing to advantage, given my constraints, then I cannot participate.

This concerns me, because I *do* have a lot of insight, and inside, information in wireless telecom, and the 3G and 4G subjects involved. I'd hope to share, and grow,
community knowledge.

I'd suggest you read Mark Twain's description of the Mississippi Pilot's Association; or, closer to home, the history of the DPMA.

Best wishes,

David