Subject: [xtm-wg] Equivalence between TM,RDF,Conceptual Graphs?

I just resurrected a bit of work I did a while ago, and thought it might be
interesting.  I looked at differences in the representation of a simple
property in Conceptual Graphs, RDF, and Topic Maps.  This was before XTM, so
it uses ISO terminology.  I didn't include KIF, since Conceptual Graphs and
KIF are inter-convertable and I find CGs much more readable.  The
representations are given both in natural language and in a simple,
semi-structured syntax.

I'm inviting comments and thoughts relating to the equivalence or
non-equivalence of these representations, limitations, benefits, and so on.
I won't make any  of my own here, to avoid making this post long and
unreadable.

The example is this, in natural language:

"Shoe #257 is red"

1)Conceptual Graphs

"Shoe #257 has a property of type Color, whose value is Red."

relation:{type:PROP,
   concept:{type:Shoe, val:#257},
   concept:{type:Color, val:Red}
}
2) RDF

"#Shoe/257 has a property Color,
the value of which is red."

3)Topic Maps (using facets)

"The facet Color applies to the object
#tt-shoe-257, for which its value is Red."

facet:{linktype:Color,fvalue:{facetval:Red, href:#tt-shoe-257}}
4) Topic Maps (using occurrances)

"There is a topic having id=tt-shoe-257,
which is a type of topic tt-shoe.  Information
describing its color occurs at http://standards.org/color/red."

topic:{id:tt-shoe-257, types:tt-shoe,
   occurs:{occrl:ColorDescription, href:http://standards.org/color/red}
}

(I didn't produce a representation using a TM association, would anyone like
to do so?)

Regards,

Tom P