Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] [announce] Mondeca European IST Prize Winner

Bernard, Jean, et al,

My hearty congratulations on this most impressive award, which I'm
certain is well-deserved! I'm very happy for you all.

Murray

Bernard Vatant wrote:

> Mondeca European IST Prize Winner
>
> Mondeca is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the European IST Prize, the most
> distinguished award for groundbreaking products that represent the best of European
> innovation in information society technologies (IST).
>
> 437 innovative companies and institutions from 27 countries competed for this year's
> prize. This is the highest number of participants since the inception of the Prize scheme
> in 1995. An evaluation group of high-level experts selected the 20 best applicants as
> winners of the European IST Prize in terms of the criteria: technical excellence,
> innovative content, potential market value and capacity to generate new jobs.
>
> This official appreciation, at the highest levels, of Mondeca's efforts complements the
> adoption, at the operational level, of Mondeca's solution Intelligent Topic Manager (ITM)
> by several major European industries.
>
> Using the XML Topic Maps standard, Mondeca ITM is a generic knowledge organization tool
> that, by mapping meaningful associations between all relevant topics, enables end-users to
> easily navigate and search distributed corporate contents.
>
> Mondeca is convinced that this formal and public recognition of its knowledge management
> technology extends to and will therefore benefit the whole topic maps industry and
> community.

> The European IST Prize Winners: http://www.ist-prize.org
> The 2002 IST Event:  http://2002.istevent.cec.eu.int
>
> Bernard Vatant
> Consultant - Mondeca
> www.mondeca.com
> Chair - OASIS TM PubSubj Technical Committee
> www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/

Murray

Murray Altheim                  <http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK

      Stop the Bush-Cheney Reign of Terror:  no war in Iraq!
      2800 people dead in New York? 1 million in Iraq, about
      half a million of them children. Sanctions against Iraq
      include vaccines and even chlorine -- end the sanctions!
      http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/MiddleEast/Iraq.asp