Subject: RE: Markdown version of TOSCA v2.0 specification

I checked in another version of the 2.0 spec. This version includes the following:

  • It fixes all the code snippets
  • It replaces all the HTML-formatted tables with Markdown-formatted tables.

This version should now be identical to the latest Word version of the spec. All future edits should be done in this document.

From: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org <tosca@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Chris Lauwers
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2023 4:31 PM
To: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [tosca] Markdown version of TOSCA v2.0 specification

I created an initial draft of the Markdown version of the TOSCA v2.0 specification in https://github.com/oasis-tcs/tosca-specs/blob/working/2_0/TOSCA-v2.0.md.

  • This version was originally created by converting the Word version of the spec to github-flavored markdown using Pandoc.
  • Tal then ran his “processing tool” to re-format comments in the spec (that were converted from Word comments) to Markdown comments that contain JSON objects.
  • I had to manually fix some errors resulting from comments in tables. We lost a couple of comments in the process.
  • I then merged the resulting content into the Markdown template provided by OASIS.

If you’d like to participate in editing, please follow the following process:

  • Create a fork of the tosca-specs repository
  • Make your changes in the “working” branch of that repository
  • Submit a pull request.

Looking forward to getting this completed soon!