trans-ws message

Subject: FW: OASIS Hosting of UDDI Registry for Trans-WS WSDL Files

Hi all,

This is a mail which Patrick Gannon, CEO of Oasis, sent to me yesterday
after I made a presentation to the LRc conference. I also had the
opportunity to talk with Patrick and I will update you on this tomorrow.

Thanks,

Peter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Gannon [mailto:patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org]
Sent: 18 November 2003 16:02
To: Reynolds, Peter
Cc: karl.best@oasis-open.org; jamie.clark@oasis-open.org; 'Jeffrey
Lomas'

Peter,

That was an excellent presentation today on the OASIS Translation Web
Services TC (Trans TC) at LRC'03.  It certainly looks like your TC is
making good progress.  To be sure that the OASIS infrastructure (staff,
websites, IT, processes, policies) are able to support the work of this
TC, I would like to get input from you and your TC.  We view the
Trans-WS TC as the first of many future TCs at OASIS that represent
industry groups developing their industry-specific web services
interactions within an OASIS TC.

Since the Trans-WS TC will be generating specifications for WSDL files,
OASIS staff needs to know if we should be prepared to host WSDL files
that conform to the Trans-WS spec. Would we need to host actual WSDL
example files produced by the TC itself?  Since UDDI was designed to
host WSDL file information, we need to know if OASIS should be building
a UDDI-based registry infrastructure to host your TC's output.  IF this
is the right approach, we will need to know your TC's time schedule and
when these WSDL files will be developed and ready for publishing along
with the TC's specification.

We will also be asking the OASIS FWSI TC some of these same questions.
As we discussed, I suggested that the Trans-WS TC might want to send
someone to the first meeting of the FWSI TC in Philadelphia on 8-9
December at the XML
2003 conference, in order to determine if there is a need/benefit of
forming a liaison between these two TCs.

Keep up the good work!

Patrick Gannon
President & CEO
OASIS