trans-ws message

Subject: [no subject]

Agenda:
1/ Roll call
2/ Minutes of last meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=5361&;
3/ Review of specification
WSDL
see
Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/download.php/7360/wsdl.zip
View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/document.php?document_id=7360
Draft sepecification
see: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/trans-ws/200406/msg00026.html
4/ AOB

Minutes:
1/ Roll call
There were four members present as recorded in Kavi
Apologies: Andrzej

2/ Minutes of last meeting
The minutes of the last meeting were agreed as a correct record

3/ Report from Oscar meeting
Gerard reported back from the Oscar meeting which had taken place earlier in the week as part of the LISA conference.
They are looking at the issue of improving metrics. Andrzej is leading this initiative and we will discuss it a future TC when he is present. Gerard recommended that we should consider this issue carefully.
For further information Andrzej has an article in this month’s issue of Globalization Insider: http://www.lisa.org/archive_domain/newsletters/2004/2.3/zydron.html
There was a request that terminology could tagged within a document and this could be used together with TBX.
IBM have suggested the use of a namespace for localisation directives. It was mentioned that the Richard Ishida of the W3C has been talking about doing some work on this.

4/ Review of specification
Count-group – It was agreed that as Andrzej was not present we will decide on this at a future meeting. Magnus raised the issue of which count is the most significant when there are more than one.
Job-ticket – The blue box relating to job tickets is out of date and needs updating.
The issue of specifying the job ticket was raised. There was a suggestion that there should be some minimum and maximum amount of characters. Stephen argued against the need to change this as it was an XML string which can be used as the publisher sees fit.
The issue of job ticket being returned with every call was raised by Magnus. It was argued by Stephen that this was a good way to ensure that the response you get relates to the call which was sent and it was relatively little extra resources. Magnus suggested that if we needed to ensure no error had occurred we would need to return all the parameters. It was agreed to leave the specification as it currently is with the job-ticket being returned.

5/ AOB
Globalization Insider – Peter has done an article for this on the work of the TC. See: http://www.lisa.org/archive_domain/newsletters/2004/2.3/reynolds.html

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=5534

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.