trans-ws message

Subject: Groups - Tran- WS TC meeting modified

Tran- WS TC meeting has been modified by Peter Reynolds

Date:  Thursday, 09 December 2004
Time:  11:00am - 01:15am ET

Event Description:
From the EMEA region dial:
+44 118 924 9000
Enter the Meeting ID (126680) followed by the # key
Press 1 to confirm the Meeting ID
If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be:
a. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key
b. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting.
If the organizer has started the meeting you will be:
a. Asked to enter the Meeting Password 058633
b. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key

Agenda:
1/ Roll call
2/ Minutes of last meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=6448&;
3/ Charter ballot
4/ Draft specification
5/ Future direction of TC
6/ AOB

Minutes:
1/ Roll call
Present: Andrzej, Magnus, Peter.

2/ Minutes of last meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=6448&;
These will be reviewed at our next meeting as this meeting was not quorate.

3/ Charter ballot
This has been agreed by the ballot.

4/ Draft specification
It was agreed that we would split the editing of this as follows:
Peter will deal with the sections from 1 to 4, Andrzej will deal with section 5 and Magnus section 6.
With Stephen leaving the group there was some concern about whether we can use the WIKI server. Peter has contacted him and it appears that Stephen has secured agreement from Connect that they would host this until the completion of the specification.

5/ Future direction of TC
Given that Stephen and Gerard have left the group we need to look at our future direction. It was suggested that we could try and head-hunt new people who might be interested in this work. The publication of the committee specification might be a good time to do this. It was also suggested that we could try and get some articles in localisation publications to raise interest. This would be similar to the article Peter wrote for the Globalisation Insider magazine published by LISA.
Another possibility is that we join the XLIFF TC or a TC concerned with Localisation.

6/ AOB  none

7/ Next meeting  This will be on January 6th, 2005

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=6622

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.