trans-ws message

Subject: Groups - Tran- WS TC meeting modified

Tran- WS TC meeting has been modified by Peter Reynolds

Date:  Thursday, 07 July 2005
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
Conference ID: 4024803
Dialin numbers
US toll free number: +1-800-358-5669 (only from the US)
US toll number: +1-770-325-4718
Local toll free numbers:
United Kingdom - 08004049477
Ireland - 1800352161
France - 0800910147
Germany  08001844587
Finland - 0800112857
Netherlands - 08000249761
Australia - 1800118156
China - 108001400791
Japan - 00531160496
Hong Kong - 800908928
Singapore - 8001011618
India - 0008001006098
Mexico - 0018005141689

Agenda:
1/ Roll call
2/ Minutes of last meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=7985&day=1118311200
3/ Draft specification
Completion of specification
Review of doc for style changes etc.
4/ Implementation of specification
I have approached Reinhard to ask the LRC to do an implementation. We are trying to talk sometime before this meeting to decide how we can do this.
5/ AOB

Minutes:
1/ Roll call
Present: Reinhard, Magnus, Andrzej, Tony, Peter
In attendance: David Petraitis from Oasis. David introduced himself. He is the OASIS official responsible for supporting this group and XLIFF.

2/ Minutes of last meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=7985&day=1118311200
The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed as a correct record.

3/ Draft specification
We reviewed the document. It was agreed that the document was in reasonably good shape.
Andrzej will number the document. He will also review the reference and make a proposal to the rest of the team.
We are missing one sample code for the retrieveInformation method. Magnus will send
It was agreed that we would have the specification in XHTML and PDF.
Any one with corrections should contact Andrzej for this review.

4/ Implementation of specification
Reinhard outlined the work the LRC is doing on the Ignite project. This is an EU funded project whose work includes the verification of standards and implementing test scenarios. He believed an implementation of the Translation Web services.
Peter and Reinhard also mentioned the possibility of CSAT which is a proposal to have an Irish government funded research group.
It was agreed that we would get the developers on the Ignite project a copy of the specification and have a meeting with them to plan the implementation.
There was a lot of enthusiasm and support for this proposal.

5/ - Future direction of the Web services.
We had a brief discussion on the future direction of the group. Reinhard suggested that the way this standards could be further used would be to have an implementation of the specification, the involvement of the big companies and that we talk about what we do.
It was agreed that we would complete the specification, get a test implementation up and running and target people in industries such as those involved in CMS and GMS technology.

6/ AOB  - Patrick Gannon will be giving a key-note speech at the LRC conference in September.
Tony and Peter are writing an article for XML Journal on XLIFF.

7/ Next meeting  July 21st 2005

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=8097

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20050707T000000Z
DTSTART:20050707T150000Z
DTEND:20050707T160000Z
SEQUENCE:2
SUMMARY:Tran- WS TC meeting
  +1-800-358-5669 (only from the US) \nUS toll number: +1-770-325-4718
  \nLocal toll free numbers: \nUnited Kingdom - 08004049477 \nIreland -
  1800352161 \nFrance - 0800910147 \nGermany  08001844587 \nFinland -
  0800112857 \nNetherlands - 08000249761 \nAustralia - 1800118156
  \nChina - 108001400791 \nJapan - 00531160496 \nHong Kong - 800908928
  \nSingapore - 8001011618 \nIndia - 0008001006098 \nMexico -
  0018005141689\n\nGroup: OASIS Translation Web Services TC\nCreator:
  Peter Reynolds
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=8097
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trans-ws/event.php?event_id=8097
END:VEVENT