Subject: Notes from January 24 TC call

Minutes for the meeting of the Electronic Identity Credential Trust Elevation Methods (Trust Elevation) Technical Committee

January 24, 2013.

1. Call to Order and Welcome.

2. Roll Call

Attending (please notify me if you attended the meeting but are not on the list below)

Abbie Barbir, Bank of America - y

Anil Saldhana, Red Hat

Bob Sunday

Brendan Peter, CA

Carl Mattocks, Bofa

Cathy Tilton, Daon y

Charline Duccans, DHS

Duane DeCouteau

Colin Wallis, New Zealand Government

Dale Rickards, Verizon Business

David Brossard, Axiomatics

Dazza Greenwood

Debbie Bucci, NIH

Deborah Steckroth, RouteOne LLC

Detlef Huehnlein, Federal Office for Information

Don Thibeau, Open Identity Exchange

Doron Cohen, SafeNet

Doron Grinstein, BiTKOO

Gershon Janssen  -y

Ivonne Thomas, Hasso Plattner Institute

Jaap Kuipers, Amsterdam

James Clark – Oasis

Jeff Broburg, CA

John Bradley

John "Mike" Davis, Veteran's Affairs

John Walsh, Sypris Electronics

Jonas Hogberg

Julian Hamersley, Adv Micro Devices

Kevin Mangold, NIST  - y

Lucy Lynch  ISOC

Marcus Streets, Thales e-Security

Marty Schleiff, The Boeing Company

Mary Ruddy, Identity Commons  - y

Massimiliano Masi, Tiani "Spirit" GmbH

Nick Pope, Thales e-Security

Peter Alterman, SAFE-BioPharma,  - y

Rainer Hoerbe

Rebecca Nielsen, Booz Allen Hamilton  -y

Rich Furr

Ronald Perez, Advanced Micro Devices

Scott Fitch Lockeed Martin

Shaheen Abdul Jabbar, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. - y

Shahrokh Shahidzadeh (Intel Corp)  -y

Suzanne Gonzales-Webb, VA  - y

Tony Rutkowski

Tony Nadlin

Thomas Hardjono, M.I.T.

William Barnhill, Booz Allen Hamilton

Adrianne James, VA

Patrick, Axiomatics

81 percent of the voting members were present at the meeting.  We did have quorum.

2. Agenda review and approval

We used the following chat room for the call: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/trust-el  chat room text is included at the end of the minutes.

There were no additions to the agenda.

Agenda was approved.

3. Approval of the Minutes

Abbie asked if here were any objections to approving the minutes from the November 15st meeting.  (The December 13 meeting was cancelled and Nov 29 was cancelled due to Smart Card alliance conference.)

There were no objections. The minutes were approved.

There was a discussion about the survey to plan for a F2F meeting during RSA

Peter said the survey not clear

Shaheen said that it wasn’t clear that there would be a dial-in option

Abbie requested another ballot, and recommended we only leave it open two days

Peter said one reason is that we got so few respondents the first time

Abbie doesn’t want to call it a F2F. Call it an extended virtual meeting.  The TC needs quorum to legitimately share the ideas.

Abbie called for another ballot.

***Action item to issue another ballot to schedule an extended virtual meeting.

4. Review of the revised, more detailed analysis template.

Abbie said many thanks for the latest draft. We are 95-98% done.  Mary sent latest and greatest doc.

The objective for the rest of the meeting is to review the draft.  You will have one week to review it.

By the next TC call, we will have published the second deliverable and started a serious jumpstarting 3rd.

Objective of meeting is 3rd delivery in a short time.

Mary went through the table of contents at a high level and then answered questions.

Cathy asked if there is a date by which comments are needed.

Abbie said one week. Then, Mary will repackage before the next call.

There was an issue about a bug in the ballot.  One person wasn’t able to add comments.

Mary reviewed the new generic analysis template methods and we identified a few changes.  We then reviewed how the template performed when used to analyze the digital certificates method.

Cathy said this early draft looked good.  She will take a closer look.

Abbie said it is also good to have colleagues look, tweet, whatever.

Shaheen asked if the landline section is really phone number.  Can we consider this similar and rename? He has additional comments that he will pass on.

Abbie commented that is a good suggestion.

Shaheen lead a conversation on phone, direct wire, VOIP or wireless.  On one can add additional attribute/pins such as zip code.

One can limit number of attempts by programing an IVR.

Mary commented that that seems reasonable. There was a conversation of pin as part of OTP vs. password vs. OTP.  When a pin is part of a larger scheme is it different.

Peter said sometimes a pin is an OTP. It is difficult to keep distinctions clear.

Abbie said the published draft is a working doc.  The action item on the TC is to review the doc and critique it.  Are you proud of it?  What is missing?  Is it good enough? Does it accomplish the goals?  If you have comments, send them to the list. The deadline is one week from today.  Action item for editors is to take feedback and generate a stable draft by the next TC call. Then the next step is to approve the document and publish it, and then gather momentum for phase 3.  Abbie asked Peter to lead the steps needed for phase 3 and what needs to be delivered.

Peter commented that the next call conflicts with the IDESG meeting.

Abbie asked for volunteers to work on the phase 3 planning.

Peter is willing to work on it.

Abbie concluded that it is important to focus on the time line for the 3rd deliverable.  The third is trickier.

5. Attendance Update

We achieved quorum.

6. Adjournment

Abbie adjourned the meeting

abbie barbir: Passcode: 637 218 8139

US toll free 1-866-222-6652

Int'l Toll: 1-980-939-6928

abbie barbir: 1. Roll Call

2. Agenda Review

3. Approve Minutes

4. Editor to review second deliverable

5. Roll Call

6. Close meeting

anonymous morphed into Rebecca Nielsen

abbie barbir: ballot

abbie barbir: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/trust-el/documents.php

Rebecca Nielsen: I have to sign off for another meeting.  I'll make sure to take time this week to do a read-through of the document.

Gershon Janssen: I have a conflicting meeting and need to drop from this one; good document -- will go through the document in the next few days.