ubl-adoption message

Subject: Editor responsibilities for tags and taxonomies

Fellow ubl.xml.org editors,

I've learned that editorial members have oversight over the tags
introduced by the general public when they post their contributions
to the site.

Many of the sections allow visitors to filter the pool of documents
for a given area through a selection of the tags used for each contribution.

The "tag cloud" can be seen at http://ubl.xml.org/categories and
edited by editorial staff here at
http://ubl.xml.org/admin/content/taxonomy_manager/3

The tags make up but one of the many taxonomies on the site.  The
available taxonomies are at
http://ubl.xml.org/admin/content/taxonomy_manager and each editor
responsible for a given area should review the taxonomy for that area
and how that taxonomy affects the contributions and the visitations.

For example, Roberto recently moved many of the support site
resources into his "products" area of the site.  Only two resource
types for products were available at the time.  Now that I know about
these taxonomies I can ask him to review the "product features" at
http://ubl.xml.org/admin/content/taxonomy_manager/4 and to create a
revised set of criteria by which the user can present more
fine-grained summaries of the pool of products.

Would all editors please review this aspect of their area of the web site?

Also, another reminder that we want to shut down the old support site
and can only do so after all of the content has been migrated over to
UBL.XML.ORG.  As an editor, please try to follow through with this as
soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have any questions about tags or the
taxonomy ... I'm starting to feel more comfortable now about how the
site works.

Thanks!

Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc