ubl-cmsc message

Subject: RE: [ubl-cmsc] XSD Derivation

Aha, I missed this one. Well if the argument is that schema processor
support is not there, I say: so what? We can reasonably assume that it will
be by the time people start to use this stuff. Also, UBL could be a major
driver to making this happen. Finally, what is the advantage to using an ad
hoc derivation syntax (by definition supported by no one) rather than a
standard derivation syntax (that can always be implemented ad hoc if
standard support is not there)?

I'm confused...