Subject: [ubl-comment] Re: UBL BIE Version 2.0

hello again todd,  thank you for taking an interest

let me warn of against interpreting this material out of context (no pun
intended).

if you follow the thread of this discussion you may note that this was
an attempt to semi-automatically convert a section of the 'example core
component catalog that Mark released November 5th' - so not too many
surprises as to its content.  in actual fact, the UBL Library Content
team is basing its initial content on taking the xCBL 3.0 vocabulary and
identifying the BIEs and contexts (and by subtraction the core
components) involved.  the library content subcommittee intend to
present an ORDER document structure for comment by UBL Liaison groups
(such as ebtwg-cc) in the 1st Quarter 2002.

the structure being proposed here is a preliminary schema to allow us to
move away from the two-dimensional 'excel spreadsheet' view and allow us
to develop our conceptual BIEs in XML form.  if you are interested in
pursuing the debate about what the naming and design rules of UBL should
be, then you may be interested in the work of  the UBL Naming and Design
Rules subcommittee (http://oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/).

if you have futher comments or questions about our work, then i
encourage you to include the UBL comment list
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl) as it exists for this kind of
debate.

--
regards