Subject: [ubl-comment] Question about PaymentMeansType

Hello. I have a question about the intended use of the PaymentMeansType, and, by extension, the AccountType. Is it designed specifically for describing payments in which actual amounts of money change hands from a payer to a payee? Or can it be used by a payer to bill a credit account with a provider? In which case no money actually changes hands until some settlement at a later date (end of the month, etc.).

The reason I ask this is that the PayeeAccount element contained inside PaymentMeansType requires a FinancialInstitutionIdentifier. But if I want to order something electronically from a supplier, and bill my company's account with that supplier, there is no financial institution involved, since no currency is moving at the time of the transaction. Is PaymentMeans appropriate for this type of transaction?

Thanks

Patrick