Subject: [ubl-comment] Re: UBL and UN/CEFACT

Subscribers to ubl-comment will remember the recent discussion of
UBL and UN/CEFACT that began with these two messages:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/200209/msg00005.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/200209/msg00006.html

Following a further discussion that took place by phone 10
September, I received this message from Ray Walker together with
the attachment below.

/==================================================================
| Dear Jon,
|
| It was good to talk to you on Tuesday evening and I found our
| discussions to be useful and constructive. During those
| discussions we promised you to send a detailed proposal of how,
| under our new Forum structure, we could see the unification of our
| efforts and it is attached.  To avoid any mis-understandings among
| the UN/CEFACT community I made an announcement about our
| discussions and outlined the proposal at the closing plenary of
| our Forum today and to inform the people that were not there, I
| shall also ask for the proposal to be sent to the various lists.
|
| No doubt there are questions that you will want to raise and
| detail to be developed but I hope that you will see this as
| positive short and long term proposal, and I look forward to your
| comments. In order to progress those we will be appointing a small
| team and I will let you have those names in a few days.
|
| Yours,
| Ray.

The proposal attached will be the subject of discussions at our
next UBL meeting 1-4 October 2002 in Burlington.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC