Subject: Possible bug/issue report: JAXB Binding generation for UBLv2: Bad UTF-8

Hi all,

   I had a problem trying to generate JAXB Bindings for OASIS UBLv2 (http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/#ublv2.0) in the Netbeans IDE (version 6.5 rc2). The problem is with some quoted strings, in some strings the quoting is done with opening and closing double quotes with an hexadecimal encoding of E2 80 9C and E2 80 9D, while in the rest of the UBL documents hexa 22 is used for a straight double quote.
    The three byte quotes seems to be valid UTF-8 since they are displayed with the proper glyph in other text editors, and people from the ubl-dev list confirmed this. But I'm getting an error "unmappable character for encoding UTF-8" and the offending strings are displayed as: ?VISA?, ?MasterCard?, etc. in the error output window in Netbeans.
   The problem seems to appear only within CommonAggregateComponents-2,
in CardAccountType and CountryType. After suggestion from a ubl-dev list member, I tried with the runtime xsdrt in (http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/xsdrt/) and the problem dissappeared.

    I submit this just in case it can become a problem for others, and perhaps can be considered for some kind of correction that takes into account the different needs of automatic processing tools when dealing with the xsd documents.
    I'm also sending a bug report like this one to the issue tracker of the Netbeans development team since this problem might be caused an error in the parsing routine of the xsd schema files.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel

      Yahoo! Cocina