Subject: RE: [ubl-csc] Pondering Barcelona

Title: RE: [ubl-csc] Pondering Barcelona

Boy oh boy, using an automatic mail sorter can be dangerous when you forget to look in the folders!

1. It appears that whilst the majority of the Library Content
> team will  be at Bercelona about 50% will be attending EWG meetings.
> This means we shall have a relatively small work group.  One of the
> considerations was  that we would like to make a whole day of the combined UBL membership
> where, specifically the NDR and LC subcommittees can present, discuss
> and resolve some of the outstanding issues.  This would be less of a
> plenary meeting and more of a working session.  Is this a good idea?

Seems to me the folks that are there for UBL, need to ensure that they actively participate in UBL.  Perhaps some arm twisting is in order?

> 2. When will we fix our agenda for the week?

I need to know what everyone's sentiments are before I write it.  Should we just follow the agenda that we used last month?  are there other things we want to do? How sensitive do we want to be to the EWG schedule (Plenary Monday from 10-12 and Friday after lunch)?  There will be some open forums, how do we want to interact with those? Inputs appreciated!

> 3. How should the Library Content subcommittee make the most of the
> opportunity to present to EWG (apart from D2)?  Specifically, it was
> suggested that the Business Neutral Core Component group (T8?) would
> both benefit from us sharing both our experience and content.  In
> addition as this group shares members with other "D" groups,
> this would be good PR for UBL.

I agree that a presentation and working relationship with T8 is essential.  We need confirmation from Jean-Luc regarding a date/time for meeting with D2, and I expect that Sue can make the arrangements for T8.

Mark