Subject: Re: [ubl-csc] CSC Call 2 July 2003

At 2003-07-02 08:29 -0400, CRAWFORD, Mark wrote:
>The UBL CSC SC will meet at 11:00 EST 2 July 2003.
>(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2003&mon=07&day=02&hour=15&min=0&sec=0)
>Agenda:
>1.  Roll Call

As I mentioned last week, I am unable to attend today ... but I have
periodic access to email during breaks.

>2. Approve Agenda - approved.

My issues from last meeting were subsequently addressed over the mail
list.  Thanks for all the help I received in that regard.

I wanted to draw the chairs' attention to a posting I made earlier to FPSC
and LCSC regarding a comparison of the 0.7 and 0.8 document models:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-fpsc/200306/msg00029.html

The statistics for the number of elements and attributes in instances
between the two versions caught me by surprise ... some design decisions
for version 8 resulted in nested structures that greatly increased the
amount of information that might be found in UBL instances (in one case by
a factor of almost 10).  I don't think this is an error, but I thought it
was of interest.  We might be asked about "complexity" (in quotes because
it is a very subjective measurement) so I thought by sharing what I
discovered we would be better prepared for related questions.

Good luck in your meeting!

.................. Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
North America public:  XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc