ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Perl / Delphi XPath open source project for UBL

Hi,

> Anybody interested in helping with an open source
> implementation of UBL for Delphi and/or Perl.

Although not a Delphi or Perl developer, I'm very interested in there being
such tools for small businesses and I'd certainly like to follow such work
and maybe I can help with business rules and requirements (I've been one of
those working on the UBL business model).

> What I am proposing building are some perl utilities and/or
> delphi classes that will allow standard UBL messages to be
> applied against specific accounting systems using commonly
> found databases.
>
> These tools would be focused on doing a very good job on
> handling UBL messages and posting them against commonly
> found accounting systems.

My interest is particularly in such tools being applied to spreadsheets too
since I believe that many small businesses will use such for their accounts
and since, although everyone may have their own use of columns, rows and
even pivot tables or the like, overall spreadsheets are such a standard
product that they provide a good, sound basis for development and they are
so ubiquitous that the business case for tools taylored to them would
probably be very good. Maybe this would have to be a separate work.

If the design is right for this I think the interest would grow for an
opensource project or projects.

I certainly hope that there is good potential for the like.

Might I suggest that one or two (perhaps reps) from it join the UBL
Implementation Sub Committee. They would have to pay a bit to join OASIS
first. An alternative, besides ubl-dev, would be to keep an eye on the
ubl-isc mailing list archives and make comments either indirectly via
ubl-dev or via the public ubl-comment list.

All the best

Stephen Green