ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Tools for database support for UBL?

Stephen Green wrote:

>If anyone has any further information on how to infer
>(perhaps automatably) the relationships from the xsd
>or spreadsheets which are machine-readable then I'd
>love to hear it.

What could be interesting is the approach to use UML to model an capture
information about core component, bie's etc.
We have developed a UML for CCTS and it seems to work great.
<http://www.toolsmiths.se/uncefact/ummx/umm_x_ccts/umm_x_ccts.html>
(slightly old version)

By moving into UML as semantic framework one can reuse object-relational ...
Hibernate: <http://www.hibernate.org/>
    and model driven architecture techniques.
Andromeda: <http://www.andromda.org/>

One problem though is that CCTS can handle only one type of
relationships (containment tree) so
the full capabilities of relational databases, UML etc cannot be exploitet.

thanks
/anders