ubl-dev message

Subject: Invoice message: UN/EDIFACT and UBL

Dear Members,

I have a question in connection with the processing of different messages
(UN/EDIFACT INVOIC and UBL Invoice v1.0).

This is written on the homepage of UBL v1.0:
"The initial UBL library of data components was based upon the xCBL 3.0
schema library, which was itself based on the UN/EDIFACT and ANSI X12 EDI
component libraries."
(source: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/)

If UBL messages (e.g. Invoice) are based on UN/EDIFACT standard (e.g. INVOIC
message) then I suspect that there must exist a mapping (EDIFACT-to-UBL and
UBL-to-EDIFACT). Is this mapping accessible somewhere? Or shall I ask xCBL
experts?

Thanks for answers in advance!

Aron Szabo

Aron Szabo, M. Sc.