ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] does BasePrice have a meaning?!?!?!?!?!?

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:49 am, Stephen Green wrote:
> Bryan
>
> A quick search on Google ('define: base price') suggests
> that this term is closely identified with the car industry
> (the cost of a car before deductions and shipping).

Maybe. But I think it is more likely to have come from
the liquor & spirits industries, because they were the
first ever to be taxed and have duties imposed.

Base price traditionally refers to the "basic price" before
all taxes, charges and duties are applied.

So if a litre of fuel costs $0.30c, that is the base price.

Add all the taxes, duties and levies, and you end up
with the bowser price of $1.07 per litre. Which is
what we actually pay.

Then, I think the term was used elsewhere in a more
general sense to mean the price before tax.

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.