ubl-dev message

Subject: Small Business Subset

While acknowledging that UBL is open and not audited on download, etc,
I'd find it very useful, in considering whether an SBS ('Small Business Subset')
is relevant to UBL 2, to know if anyone is using the UBL 1.0 SBS. Perhaps if
anyone would like to contact me offlist it would help me guage the
importance or otherwise of putting resources into future development. Of
course there are other subsets in development so maybe the place of the
SBS will change. Originally it was a vision of early adopters of UBL to
identify those elements most common in implementations and to strive to
provide them with special support. Perhaps now those elements are more
widely recognised in other subsets and there is less need to identify them
and highlight them in such a universally scoped subset. Plus I wonder
whether there is a need for such a subset for UBL 2 if it is a simple task
to transfer the subset range from UBL 1.0 into UBL 2 and wrap such a range
in a more locally-scoped subset - with added confidence of finding likely
interoperability, serendipitously (to quote Ken's choice of term), in other
subsets similarly devised.

All the best

Stephen Green