ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Location ABIE/BBIE

Looks like no-one was game enough to reply earlier so I will give my
assessment.

We do not plan on creating synonyms as we did with 'Location'.  It was
an oversight and failure of our controlled vocabulary.  As you say,
technically not a problem but conceptually it is not a good idea.  From
memory, when the idea of creating the Location ABIE came up we forgot we
had a Storage. Location BBIE.  We did notice this at the last minute but
felt it not significant enough to delay roll out of the specification.
It isnt something we can change in a 2.1 release because it would break
backward compatibility. So we are stuck with this but it will stay as a
reminder to us not to do it again.