ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Time to review Edifact NAD format ?

Hello developers,

the C058 is for unstructured addresses

the other composites/elements are for a formatted (structured) address.

As a programmer I would prefere to deal with the "structured" choice, but
b2b depends from agreements and these have been completely unconstrained
in the past.

Usually is is considered an agreement violation when a partner change EDI
message mappings without notice, thus when we send the address using the
unstructured way the partner is prepare to receive it.

EDIFact is not suitable for unexpected EDI messages from unknown partners
without a specific agreement, as this practise will results into 50% or
more exceptions.

The e-commerce or cyber-commerce should fix these unconstrained
transactions in the future... it's time to speak UBL and ebXML ;-)

Best regards

UBL ITLSC
co-chair
Roberto Cisternino