ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] 'Opensource' XForms for UBL

Stephen,
I am very excited to learn of your interest in creating XForms based forms
for UBL. In my work with the US DOT we are pursuing a proof concept
demonstration that hopes to use UBL as the basis for freight transport
status messages. These status messages would be issued at selected points in
the supply chain to assist in the tracking of intermodal freight on an
international supply chain route. During some early and general definition
of the work I formulated the following useage:

9. Developing input forms
In order to reduce redundant data entry along the supply chain, users will
require input forms that can be pre-populated with information previously
entered upstream. Input forms may also be required for any query of the
system.

(This section offers guidelines for developing input forms for the project
through the use of XForms. "XForms is an XML format for the specification of
user interfaces, specifically web forms. XForms was designed to be the next
generation of HTML / XHTML forms, but is generic enough that it can also be
used in a standalone manner to describe any user interface, and even perform
simple and common data manipulation tasks." )

Needless to say, this was a first thought and would need to be refined to
formulate more explicit requirements. I welcome any opportunity to
collaborate.

Regards,
Andy Schoka