ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] 'Opensource' XForms for UBL

Quoting Stephen Green <stephen_green@bristol.gov.uk>:

> **********
> To read the XML file below then just copy and paste it to a file
> with either .xml or .xhtml or the like as an extension and it should
> work when opened in a browser with enough XForms capability (such as
> Sea Monkey or Firefox with the XForms plugin). It doesn't have a
> declaration in the head for formsplayer but that is easy enough to add
> (I've not tested it with the latter but after all it is a simple XForms
> instance so there should be less need for cross-browser testing).
> **********

Just to note though that, at present, as far as I could find out:

1. the XForms plugin works with Firefox 1.5 onwards and Sea Monkey 1.0.1
onwards but may not work with Firefox 2 yet (I've heard there is an
experimental version for it) and it doesn't seem to work on Mozilla 1.7, etc

2. the XForms plugin is still classified as experimental and not for
enduser use

Apart from that it seems to me to be great for seeing how XForms will
work with XHTML when things have progressed a bit more.

All the best

Stephen Green