ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Getting started with UBL-2.0

Hi Roberto. Yes, I feel extremely encouraged and thankful for the
excellent advice. It is all very much appreciated. I definitely feel I
am being set on the right course by the experts. That means quite a bit
when you are just getting your feet wet.

I have quite bit to digest in the interim and right now am giving
critical thought to my application to determine the changes that I will
begin shortly. First, I will ensure that my data models will work and
that I make use of the available BIE's and UBL document schemas. Second
will be to determine the workflows necessary to trigger the creation or
transmission of documents and also the handling of documents/messages to
the system. Beyond this I can see the next step being the putting a skin
on the documents so are nice to use from a human perspective. I'll be
following the effort of the Human Interface Subcommittee in the interim.
Hopefully I may contribute some effort here as help is needed but I will
need to first increase my understanding in the interim.

I found the UBL Swinger very intuitive and it was this tool that really
opened my eyes to visualize the potential of the BIE's and the common
aggregate schema - so thank you for this work Roberto. I'll be looking
forward to any update to this.

Regards,
David

roberto@javest.com wrote:
> Hi David,
> you're welcome,
> sorry I forgot to reply to the list before, but it has been a fortune for
> you, as you just received an answer from the father of XML directly, Mr.
> Jon Bosak (char of UBL TC) !
>
> About UBL Swinger I apologize I do not have a guide available, however it
> is very simple but I recommend you make use of the "focus on..." feature
> as showed ito the slides available online (or the screenshot I sent you)
>
> Soon I will deliver the version 1.2 with more an more for UBL 2.0 experience.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roberto Cisternino
> Javest.com
>
>> Hi Roberto. Thank you for this and pointing me to these resources. I
>> have been playing with UBLSwinger today so recognizing that there is
>> considerable flexibility in the schemas to create instances. I'll be
>> checking the resources out a bit more in the next few days. Many thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> David
>>
>> roberto@javest.com wrote:
>>> Hello David,

>>> I am not sure to understand exactly what you need to implement. (Sorry I
>>> am italian thus please make a simple explanation if you want more help
>>> here)
>>>
>>> The UBL standard are the "documents" than you can use the "model" for a
>>> personal document not mentioned into UBL 2.0 the result will be not a
>>> standard UBL 2.0 document, but it will be understood by software aware
>>> of
>>> BIE components.
>>>
>>> UBL documents can be customized into various ways with some
>>> restrictions,
>>> but if you need a completely different document you can develop it using
>>> BIEs.   Also, if missing, you can develop your own BIE.

>>> I read here you just want customize an existing document (e.g Order),
>>> this
>>> way by following some customization rules the document will conform to
>>> UBL
>>> 2.0 as well.
>>>
>>> You can:
>>> 1) remove global "optional" elements.
>>> 2) you can apply XSD derivation on BIEs (extension, restriction)