ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Using Invoice for other document types?

We standards folk can define conformance to the standard we publish
but at the end of the day it will be others who decide what is proper
for the way standards are implemented and which are used. My guess
is it will largely, as in the UK, be up to local tax authorities (in UK that
local seems to mean literally the local tax office nearest you) to give
a UBL implementation the 'OK'. I guess that agencies such as in finance,
government and IT will want to try to create a national or international
appearance of consistency across implementations - if only to keep
costs of interoperability down - the even after such endeavors, my guess
is it will still be up to tax authorities, auditors and the like to have the
final say in just what goes. So the TC's scope is quite limited of course,
as is that of the CEN BII workshop I would think.

Best Regards

--
Stephen Green

Partner