ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL for sending Shipping Line rates

Hello Mark,

the only project related to Freight Management I remember is "USDOT
Electronic Freight Management (EFM)" but I think it was not specifically
designed for rates.

It appears the UBL 2.0 document most similar for your use is the Quotation.
At the moment we do not have a precise Freight Quotation which should
contain some more data you listed below.

However UBL 2.0 has already the BIE (Business info entities) you require
available into the common library.
Below I list the BIE you could use to create a Freight Quotation by
using the actual Quotation as a template.

I seen from your description the line item data are the rates:
- cost of sea container delivering
- ocean freight
- line freight surcharges (BAF, CAF, etc.)
- agent’s fee
- your commission fee for other brokers and clients
- ....

For rates you can evaluate the QuotationLine entity on the Quotation
document which is the best suited for your purpose.
Again it could be possible you'll need to personalize it.

It could be useful the use of UBL Swinger CE 1.1 an UBL free editor
which is suitable to traverse the UBL documents and evaluate the BIE too.
http://www.javest.com/tomcat/products/UBLSwinger/1.1/UBLSwinger-1.1.jsp
Speed-up instructions:
- Choose a schema from the Catalog (defaults to UBL 2.0) using the 2nd
button on the toolbar.
- You can both select a document like "Quotation" or inspect for example
"UBL Common Aggregate Components" where you can find for instance the
"CarrierParty".

---

For customization projects I suggest you to contact Mr. Tim McGrath
(Vice chair of UBL TC)
tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au

He's both an UBL expert and business expert expecially on the shipping area.

Morover the UBL 2.1 sub-version which is under development could contain
some more BIE of your interest, I suggest you keep in contact with UBL
TSC (Transport SubCommittee)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl-tsc

Best regards

UBL ITLSC
co-chair
Roberto Cisternino

Mark Brown ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>

> We are working on a project whereby we want to create a UBL interface to
> send through Shipping Line rates to our Freight Management System.
>
> Are you aware of a UBL schema that has been used for tasks of this nature in
> the past?
>

> The core data elements are:
>
> Shipping Line

CarrierParty (it could be used in place of Seller Supplier Party), here
you'll need to define an external codelist.
> Rate type
>
> Currency

PricingCurrencyCode (at document level) and then you have it speciically
on line items.
> Start / End Dates

IssueDate
IssueTime