ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Simple description of XML-Spreadsheet format

At 2008-09-18 15:14 +0800, Chin Chee-Kai wrote:
>               Next up the release queue is Multilingual IDD XML-Spreadsheet
>               generated from UBL v1.0 IDD draft spreadsheet, which contains
>               extensive translations of UBL v1.0 models into Japanese,
>Simple
>               Chinese,  Traditional Chinese, Korean, Spanish and Italian.
>
>               This availability would mean users' XML systems could take
>               advantage of the extensive UBL IDD works and become
>               instantly IDD-conversant!

Chee-Kai, you may consider publishing these UBL v1.0 IDD spreadsheets
as genericode files so that you are using a standard representation:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/

UBL v2.0 IDD spreadsheets are available in XML format using
genericode ... the latest version I published was in July 2007:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#ubl2idd2genericode
   This resource is a conversion of UBL 2.0 International Data Dictionary
   (IDD) spreadsheet files of various languages into OASIS genericode files.
   Each spreadsheet of each language's localization is converted to a
   genericode file. In addition, all of the languages are aggregated into a
   single genericode file for the localization information of each UBL 2.0
   document model. User interfaces for programs and other multilingual
   applications may find it helpful to have some or all of the UBL IDD
   localization information in a generic keyed-table XML vocabulary.

When the updated IDD is ratified I'll be republishing this resource
with the latest definitions.

That way your IDD files and my IDD files will cover both versions and
will be in the same standardized vocabulary.

I hope this helps!

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/