ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Invoice - Head Office Party

If each branch is its own legal entity, maybe a sale by the sales entity to
an end customer technically is not a sale by the legally distinct parent
organization.

What you describe seems to be two distinct transactions. For example, one
atomistic transaction is that the sales entity sells to an external party.
Separately, the parent entity somehow gets the benefit of the sale (e.g.,
through a transfer sale by the parent to the selling entity?). If the sales
entity never takes title to the goods, but acts as an agent, the "parent" is
the real selling party.

The data model supports single transactions (buyer a purchases from seller
b) rather than chains of transactions.

					Fulton Wilcox
					Colts Neck Solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Hoggard [mailto:Nicholas.Hoggard@gen-i.co.nz]
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 1:47 PM
To: roberto@javest.com
Cc: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for the response to my query last week.  Unfortunately the
branch making the sale is both the legal address for the sale, and the
accounting address.  Most of the branches are individually owned, though
they are each grouped into one of 10 parent organisations.

- Parent 1 (This is the level I'm unsure of how to model)
-- Branch 1 (Seller Customer Party / Accounting Supplier Party)
-- Branch 2
- Parent 2
-- Branch 3
... etc

I suspect that you are correct in your comment that I will need to use
the UBL Extensions to achieve this - I just thought I might be missing
something as the concept of Head Office Party is not uncommon.  I'm sure
that I could use one of the other party elements that you mentioned, but
I'm concerned that using one that doesn't quite fit will cause problems
in future if any of these partner organisations start using UBL for
their own purposes.

Thanks again for your comments.

Cheers,

Nick

PS.  I wasn't aware of the UBL Swinger tool that you mentioned, so that
you for pointing that out.