ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Customizing UBL: first steps

At 2009-02-04 14:31 +0100, Martin Kempe wrote:
>Thanks for your answer, Ken. I put all information I could get
>together and finally understood how it's supposed to be done. Right
>now I am refining my extensions and I am quite happy with the UBL
>extension concept. My suggestion is to integrate a "first steps"
>example of how to extend UBL into the guidelines to make it even
>more easier to get started. But maybe it was just the barrier of
>language that let me be doubtful of what needs to be done first.

I've drawn some diagrams for our training material that I will be
submitting to the UBL committee for inclusion in the customization guidelines.

These diagrams are exposed in some online documentation I have for
our UBL subset customization specification tool written for OpenOffice 3:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/sales/Crane-UBLProfile/#custschm

These diagrams are extracted from the latest edition of our
"Practical Universal Business Language Deployment" PDF book we
published today (which now includes a free copy of the OpenOffice
environment, not otherwise available).  In the book we have the first
version of our instructor-led training content in this regard (it was
delivered last month in Australia and was very well received).

Note that customers of the book get perpetual no-charge updates, so
as we embellish the UBL customization chapters, customers will be
kept up to date with our latest perspective on this important issue.

I hope these diagrams help.

--
Upcoming hands-on XSLT, UBL & code list hands-on training classes:
Brussels, BE 2009-03;  Prague, CZ 2009-03, http://www.xmlprague.cz