ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Catalog examples

NES is an implementation of UBL and a subset of UBL 2.0 , designed by a
consortium of European government agencies specifically for government
e-procurement.

Technically, NES 2 has more business rules than UBL because they are
creating the equivalent of implementation guides for UBL in a given
context of use. This means all NES 2 documents are also UBL 2.0
conformant.  It should be noted that NES member states (such as Denmark,
Sweden and Iceland) may each  implement their own subset of the NES
profiles - thereby ensuring a Danish OIOUBL document is a conformant NES
2 document and also a UBL 2.0 conformant document.

Organizationally, NES are a consumer of UBL standards - they dont make
standards, they describe how to use them in their context of use.  They
are now working closely with the UBL Technical Committee and other
European governments (through the CEN/ISSS Business Information
Interoperability project - known as BII) to develop a single set of
profiles for e-procurement across all European countries.

So in terms of your Catalogue examples, what NES provide is the
distillation of the business rules and requirements from several
European governments.

Alexander Whillas wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> What are the main differences between NES2 and UBL 2.0?
>
> alex
>
> 2009/2/23 Tim McGrath <tim.mcgrath@documentengineeringservices.com>:
>
>> you  could try the NES profiles at...
>>
>> http://www.nesubl.eu/documents/nes2.4.6dae77a0113497f158680001674.html
>>
>> andy.standley@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Has anyone had success sourcing real examples of catalogues in UBL format?
>>> I have some examples from OIUBL which are good but looking for some more.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> andy

begin:vcard
fn:Tim McGrath