ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: Re: [ubl-dev] Basic Invoice Exploration

OK, another risky subject.

Looking at the Danish model there are some glaring discrepancies with
the normal interpretation of the UBL tax-related entities' semantics (if
I might try inventing a bit of diplomatic language). In this case the matter
of whose rules apply - senders' or receivers' or others' is paramount. It
seems if I send an OIO-UBL document I need a different computation
system for a different calculation model than if I send what I would expect
to call a UBL-conformant document. Then I risk that document being
rejected because it is limited how much I can adapt the document
calculation model to meet the receivers' expectations: my own rules and
the design of my finance system might mean I have to call TaxExclusive
amount just that and use it to contain the payable total of the invoice
minus the tax (and debatably minus any settlement allowances/charges).
The sender's and reciever's expectations and rules might be mutually
incompatible. So whose apply? Good question. I guess the EU might have
to come up with some rules of their own or risk deadlock.

Stephen D Green