ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Order

Hi

> Hi,
>

> I am currently working on mapping trading partner order requests to a
> UBL order and have a couple questions.
>

> Where would you recommend that I map the following?
>
> 1. FOB code and description (FOB Origin, FOB Destination...)

Order/cac:DeliveryTerms/cbc:ID    (Incoterms 2000)

> 2. Ship Method (Air Freight, Motor Freight, Customer Pickup...)
>
> 3. Carrier Code (FedEx Priority, UPS 3-Day, UPS Ground...)

The Delivery/Despatch info provides only general info.

The Order document is designed for even complex orders so the Shipment
info are actually available only in the line items.

Order->OrderLine->LineItem->OrderedShipment->Shipment

inside Shipment you can specify general info on the whole shipment, but if
you need to specify more detailed info about the Transport contracts you
will have to use the Consignment which is available inside the Shipment
aggregate.

Then your data could be best mapped into the
FinalDeliveryTransportationService entity.

> I also am confused by the different parties. Am I correct in assuming
> that I can map the following?
>

> Sold To -> Buyer Customer Party

from the Order point of view it is more relevant to specify who is issuing
the Order (Buyer) the AccountingCustomerParty has the responsability for
taxes and accounting payables.

If you do not specify an AccountingcustomerParty it means it is the same
of the Buyer.

Please note the Buyer is mandatory.

> Bill To -> Accounting Customer Party

as explained before, yes if differs from the Buyer.

> Ship To -> Delivery

yes this is the final receiver.

Delivery/Despatch is the Transport company

> Our trading partners pass us a DUNS number (Dun & Bradstreet) that
> uniquely identifies them. Where should I map this? To the Buyer Customer
> Party -> Party > Party Identification > ID?

BuyerCustomerParty/cbc:CustomerAssignedAccountID

This is an ID issued by the Customer, and it is intended as an
accounting\ERP ID which is the same of DUNS.

of course the Party Identification is correct but more general.

> Sorry if these questions are unclear I am relatively new to this.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jeremy

You're most welcome

Have FUN!