ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] UBL Order

Hello,

For the schemeUri attribute, it may be useful to reuse a proposal that will
be incorporated in the next ebXML CPA specification (but which has no
dependency on ebXML), and that is mentioned in:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-cppa/200704/msg00002.html

If you follow this approach, the relevant UBL snippet would look like:

  <cbc:ID
schemeURI="urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:iso6523:0060">12345</c
bc:ID>

The advantage of this is that the URI schema allows any ISO 6523 approved
classification system to be used.
For a list of ICDs, see:
http://metadata-stds.org/Document-library/Draft-standards/6523-Identificatio
n-of-Organizations/ICD_list.htm#ICD0009

The codes "0002", "0084", "0085", "0087", "0089", "0094", "0096", "0105",
"0106", "0107", "0108" reference Chamber of Commerce identifiers from
France, Greece, Switzerland, Belgium, UK, Germany, Denmark, Portugal, the
Netherlands, Sweden, Australia, respectively.

Replacing "0060" by "0088" would reference a GS1 Global Location Number
(GLN) instead of a DUNS number.

The CEN workshop on Cyber Identities has a discussion of all these concepts
in a recent CWA:
ftp://cenftp1.cenorm.be/PUBLIC/CWAs/e-Europe/Cyber_ID/CWA_CID_v1.8.pdf

This document is open for comments according to
http://www.cen.eu/cenorm/businessdomains/businessdomains/isss/activity/ws_cy
berid.asp.  It states they are going to register a "urn:iso6523" prefix,
which would allow the above to be expressed more compactly as:

  <cbc:ID schemeURI="urn:iso6523:0060">12345</cbc:ID>

Pim van der Eijk