ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Mapping business model fields to UBL 2.0

Thanks for the detail, Fulton!

At 2009-07-13 11:32 -0400, Fulton Wilcox wrote:
>Below are a few comments that add some "best practices" comments
>One of the preventative measures is when shifting from
>non-electronic to electronic invoicing, the buyer and seller parties
>(and tax auditors) are best served by making transactions as
>atomistic as possible, with one physical transaction generating a
>corresponding, specific electronic invoice.
>Requirements such as "accounting details stated at document level
>must apply to all Invoice or Credit Note lines" are far easier to
>comply with for an atomistic level invoice transaction than for a
>highly aggregated invoice intermixing many transactions occurring
>over extended time.

It happens I'm tripping over this even today in reviewing last year's
corporate numbers for a client who insisted on me invoicing each
month a combination of hours actually performed in that month and
pre-paid hours for some time in 2010 (thus meeting budgeting
availability).  At the time I sent one invoice.  I'm now for tax
reasons (it turns out I'm only being taxed on actual work not prepaid
hours) trying to unwind what exactly I invoiced for and what was pre-paid.

In the text you cited from Sweden, point 8 reads:

>8. stated pre-payments must apply to the Invoice as a whole

Would I have been better off having generated two invoices each
month, one for actual hours and one for pre-paid hours?  In
retrospect, my job this morning would have been a lot easier.

Come 2010, as I start using up the pre-paid hours, of course I cannot
invoice the customer ... they've already paid me.  What kind of
paperwork is used to record the "eating up" of pre-paid hours?

Thank you again for your input to the discussion.

--
XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO hands-on training - Oakland, CA, USA 2009-08-03
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/