ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Request for Quotation and Order error responses

I have some feedback regarding codes.

At 2009-07-14 15:34 -0400, Marzka, Jeremy wrote:
>For the lines does it make sense to set the Line Status Code to an error
>and populate a note?
>
>         Line Status Code = Line is Disputed
>         Note: Non-stocked item

Note that the code list for line status only uses the one word "Disputed":

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0-update/cl/gc/default/LineStatusCode-2.0.gc

>Is it acceptable to use custom codes for the Line Status Code
>
>         Custom Codes:
>                 - IM: Item mismatch
>                 - PM: Price mismatch
>                 - NC: Non-catalog item
>                 - NS: Non-stocked item

Absolutely, though another UBL system wouldn't recognize your use of
them even though that system would find your instance schema valid.

This is accomplished by you first specifying your own list of codes
by using OASIS genericode:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gc:CodeList xmlns:gc="http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/";>
    <Identification>
       <ShortName>JeremyLineStatusCode</ShortName>
       <LongName xml:lang="en">Jeremy's Line Status</LongName>
       <Version>0.1</Version>
       <CanonicalUri>urn:x-Jeremy:codes:line-status</CanonicalUri>
       <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:x-Jeremy:codes:line-status:0.1</CanonicalVersionUri>
       <LocationUri>http://www.jeremy.com/codes/jeremyLineStatus.gc</LocationUri>
    </Identification>
    <ColumnSet>
       <Column Id="code" Use="required">
          <ShortName>Code</ShortName>
          <Data Type="normalizedString"/>
       </Column>
       <Column Id="name" Use="optional">
          <ShortName>Name</ShortName>
          <Data Type="string"/>
       </Column>
       <Key Id="codeKey">
          <ShortName>CodeKey</ShortName>
          <ColumnRef Ref="code"/>
       </Key>
    </ColumnSet>
    <SimpleCodeList>
       <Row>
          <Value ColumnRef="code">
             <SimpleValue>IM</SimpleValue>
          </Value>
          <Value ColumnRef="name">
             <SimpleValue>Item mismatch</SimpleValue>
          </Value>
       </Row>
       <Row>
          <Value ColumnRef="code">
             <SimpleValue>PM</SimpleValue>
          </Value>
          <Value ColumnRef="name">
             <SimpleValue>Price mismatch</SimpleValue>
          </Value>
       </Row>
       <Row>
          <Value ColumnRef="code">
             <SimpleValue>NC</SimpleValue>
          </Value>
          <Value ColumnRef="name">
             <SimpleValue>Non-catalog item</SimpleValue>
          </Value>
       </Row>
       <Row>
          <Value ColumnRef="code">
             <SimpleValue>NS</SimpleValue>
          </Value>
          <Value ColumnRef="name">
             <SimpleValue>Non-stocked item</SimpleValue>
          </Value>
       </Row>
    </SimpleCodeList>
</gc:CodeList>

Then you have to create your own custom version of the second pass
value validation to replace the one supplied by the UBL TC:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0-update/val/defaultCodeList.xsl

This is done by using an OASIS context/value association (CVA) file:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=33336

... where you specify the union of the UBL line status codes and your
own line status codes.

If you are interested in learning more about code lists I have
published a book with a perpetual no-charge update policy for all
future editions of the book:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#pcli

And I am planning to run an instructor-led training class for code
lists on the US east coast late October 2009 (for those in Europe I'm
planning two such classes, one in October 2009 and one in February
2010, both in Copenhagen, with some XSL classes in Prague in March
2010 in association with http://www.xmlprague.cz XML Prague 2010),
and I've opened up our interest page for people to tell me they might
be interested in registering without actually making a commitment to register:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/forms/interest.php

I hope this helps, Jeremy.

--
XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO hands-on training - Oakland, CA, USA 2009-08-03
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/