ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL vs UN/CEFACT and cakes?

LOL :-)

>>> "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info> 23/07/09 15:28 >>>
Stephen,

All this runaway complexity favours consulting companies and solution
vendors of course.

So while everyone talks about simplicity the reality is that things
continue in status quo - and few have any real incentive to tackle the
root challenges.

Worse - local and federal government continue to build ever more forms
and procedures as job security and as buffers to manage the cake eating
populous at large - and computers have just accelerated that trend.
There is a form for everything imaginable now in life - actually
probably 20 to 50 forms of the same thing - across the EU, USA, Asia et
al - computers are literally burying us on paper like never before.

However - there is a faint ray of hope in the ever present darkened
clouds - you only get one guess - and the first guess does not count.

As usual though - getting people to eat a different type of
(non-fattening / healthier / greener) cake is not an easy not instant
process.

Does it really taste the same and do the same things are the original
stodgy cake everyone has been selling us for these past years?  And of
course the lemming effect - who else is eating this new cake?

We shall see...

Thanks, DW