ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] eInvoicing - Help California make the right choice - Please vote

Hi David,
I realize that my proposal might not be exactly what they are asking
for. However I would argue that paper-based work flows and 10-finger
interfaces is a worse legacy problem than COBOL-based systems. And the
money they save on invoicing can be used to convert the legacy systems
to more modern technology. But I am biased :-)

One thing that I have learned from working in government is that it is
important to frame your project in the context of a current political
agenda. You can have the best idea and technical solution, but nothing
will happen without political support. I know that this sounds obvious
- but coming from an XML technologies background this was a new
learning to me.

Also thank you for the links. We had the same kind of initiatives in
Europe in the mid 90's and nothing happend. I would like to see
governments really lower the barriers for private sector suppliers.
And everyone on this list knows that we have the technology available
today. It is just a matter of showing some leadership.

All the best
Mikkel