ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL - SAP compatibility - Issue uploading xsd structures

At 2012-11-27 17:56 +0100, Jose Armisén Miguélez wrote:
we are trying to upload invoice xsd in SAP PI (version 7.1) but structure shows an error referencing to other xsd.

There are many schema fragments that together comprise the entire Invoice model (or any one of the many documents).

I am unfamiliar with SAP PI to guide you, but I have some general comments that I hope will help.

We?ve downloaded all the documentation (os-UBL-2.0+os-UBL-2.0-update-delta) and upload in our system all common structures before uploading the invoice one, but unsuccesfully.

Typically a user community works with a subset of UBL and not the complete entire document structure. There are many aspects of the common structure that are not used by the invoice, and the invoice itself is general purpose and could be subset to be only that that your user community plans to use.

Is it your intention to support the entire UBL Invoice, or are you targeting your work to a user community that has defined a subset of UBL?

Do you know if SAP PI 7.1 is compatible with UBL standards? Did anyone have the same issue and how it was sorted out?

Have you considered transforming an instance of UBL into an instance of XML already supported by SAP? Using a technology such as XSLT you can convert documents to and from a SAP format and the subset of UBL that your user community plans to use. Then your maintenance is limited to the transformations and you don't have to "touch" the SAP code that already recognizes its own existing XML vocabulary.

This transformation approach would also allow you to implement the two different two-pass validation approaches found in the UBL specification and in the UBL Customization document.

I hope this helps, though I understand I did not answer your question directly.

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com