ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] DespatchAdvice and updates ...

I forgot to mention that the work on this new Committee Note will be tracked in JIRA here for those who want to follow its progress:

 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-11

. . . . . Ken

At 2014-12-23 16:31 -0500, G. Ken Holman wrote:
At 2014-12-23 20:17 +0000, Duvekot, Kees wrote:
And the followup question: should we establish a standard UBL way of updating documents ... any UBL document ...?
(so that could be included in the next release of UBL)

I'm pleased to say that at our Stockholm face-to-face meeting it was agreed that Ole and I would edit a new Committee Note:

  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201412/msg00002.html
- Ole and Ken will draft the approach of publishing committee specifications
    of extensions with proposed new additions to UBL, followed by integration
    with UBL periodically to produce a new minor revision incorporating those
    additions successfully tested as extensions
  - it was noted that this approach will enable the simultaneous testing of
    different sets of proposed new additions to UBL without any changes to
    the schema during the testing time
  - users should be able to migrate from the use of extensions/new document
    types into the use of the revised standard

A tentative title for this new Committee Note will be something along the lines of "Governance and procedures for revising UBL".

In support of this I've been working over the holidays on revising the schema generator and published the latest earlier this week:

  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#gc2ublndr

I'm creating another companion tool to that tool that I think users will find helpful in generating the inputs. I was waiting to announce both tools to the UBL Dev list when both were done, but it seems appropriate to reference them in this context. I'll make another announcement later.

I hope this is helpful.

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |