ubl-dev message

Subject: GDPR and UBL

Has anyone come up with recommendations/best paractice for the use of optional fields in UBL which hold personal names in light of GDPR.

My instinct says that as UBL is B2B we should encourage functional names and email addresses. So rather than Jane Bloggs we should have Accounts Receivable. The alternative would be to say that as these fields are optional, leave them out.

There are places where names are required, and these will vary across countries. So in the UK an invoice from a partnership used to have to include the names of all the partners (this no longer applies). There are also sole traders whose name is part of their trading and who frequently work from home and so their trading address is their home address and their personal mobile phone is their office phone.

I hope (maybe a forlorn one) that in creating GDPR somewhere there exists a document which translates GDPR into the company documentation world, and that what I am really asking is if anyone has translated that document into UBL speak.

David