ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] DocumentCurrencyCode in Invoice, CreditNote, SelfBilledInvoice and SelfBilledCreditNote

Greetings

Just as a heads up from a first generation UBL design point of view, note that the document level currency code is something put in to meet requirements of software accounting systems at the time. A typical system could only support one currency per document. The possibility existed of a document in UBL having a different currency for each line, etcetera. It made sense for a document to declare its main defaultÂcurrency at document level. This would allow accounting systems and add-ons to support UBL, generally even without reliance on only supporting specific implementation subsets. I suspect this is a general requirement still today. Something to bearÂin mind. It might mean that any document involving currencies can be kept simple enough, out of the box, irrespective of community user guide or subset, for typical software systems to support UBL without the need to cater for multiple currencies in the same document.Â

Kind regards,
Stephen D Green