ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Agenda for the next UBL Library Content subcommittee to be held on TUESDAY 20th May between 8 and 10a.m California time

At 2003-05-20 16:52 +0800, Tim McGrath wrote:
>Please note that the next meeting of the UBL Library Content subcommittee
>will be held on TUESDAY 20th May  between 8 and 10a.m  California time
>3. Schedule for 0p80 release.

We look forward to both a "preliminary release" date and a "final release"
date so that we can begin working with the document models of the
preliminary results of your efforts in time to have our contribution ready
for your final result package.

>9. Other Business

May I please add to other business the question of what will be needed from
FPSC for 0p80?

 From the discussions in the face-to-face in London I recall:

(1) The incomplete UN layouts in 0p70 were more of a distraction than a
help because many aspects of them were non-functional and static.  This
would relegate further intermediate results in future deliveries to a
"secondary" status where documentation will be more explicit to ensure the
recipients understand it is more of a "work in progress" than a complete
implementation.

(2) The Office and Joinery scenarios would be expanded to ensure all seven
of the document types would be covered by an example from at least one of
the two scenarios.  We will need to see layout mockups from those coming up
with the new example instances.

(3) No new scenarios would be prepared for 0p80.

(4) The packaging of 0p80 would not include any actual stylesheets due to
the very large size of the stylesheet package found in 0p70, but would
include a single PDF and HTML presentation of each of the scenario documents.

We look forward to learning more about your expectations of FPSC to ensure
we can help as best we can in your 0p80 release.

Thanks!

.................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: (registration still open!)
-      (XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO) North America: June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc