ubl-hisc message

Subject: Teleconference summary

As only Fabio and Ken attended, there are no official minutes of the
teleconference, but the following is a summary of what was discussed:

(1) - Ken to include the teleconference access information with each
meeting announcement for the convenience of callers

(2) - Fabio will try to post for next meeting a straw-man implementation of
data entry using XForms, probably with the UN Layout key

(3) - we discussed how to look for other methodologies
  - we need to find a resource knowledgeable in procurement regarding what
strategies to use for data entry and what would be an appropriate order of
information for data entry

(4) - we also need to know what information in UBL to be captured before
coming up with an order for that information
  - the procurement specialized who advises us may have an opinion
  - Stephen Green opined earlier that the UBL Lite subset could be an
appropriate start (though there is more information in that than in a UN
layout key form)

(5) - we discussed the outputs of the committee
  - Ken suggested that even with the development of a straw-man
implementation of data entry, we restrict ourselves (the committee) to the
*specification* of data entry, agnostic of any particular technology
  - this is what we did for the printed forms
  - with a publicly-available specifications, implementors can then choose
their approach to implementing the specs
  - we could then see various standards-based implementations (e.g.
XForms), proprietary implementations (e.g. Adobe)

(6) - who from HISC can attend each of the UBL TC meetings each
week?  Fabio will try to make the Pacific call December 1/2

Members: please consider who they know who could advise us on methodologies
and approaches towards what in UBL needs to be input through input tools
... then we can begin writing up specifications and measuring straw-man
implementations against these specs.

Thanks!

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc