ubl-hisc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-hisc] Teleconference 2005-06-07 18:00UTC (Special time)

In attendance:
  Stephen Green
  Micah Dubinko
  Michael Dill
  Sue Probert
  Zarella Rendon
  G. Ken Holman

MDill
- need success stories for electronic documents
- version 0.4 of UNeDocs non-CCTS version
- either can start from scratch for presentation and XML/XSD or update
existing formatting objects,etc, therefore good starting point conditions
for any collaboration discussions
- still have to decide how to go forward with print formats
- have hesitated to push forward until discussions between TBG2 and UBL

- contacts for UN Layout Key - in German-speaking countries finding
stakeholders who will take on the determination of the forms; use
stakeholders as advertisements for practical use

SG - HISC focus could be the mapping of the business model to the forms and
boxes and the UNeDocs project seems to focus on these

Q to Michael and Sue - does there exist a mapping between their conceptual
model and the layout?

MDill - Does not exist necessarily.  Sitpro stylesheet work for UNeDocs
done by other groups.  Have teams working on this already.

SP - Using UN TDED Trade Data Element Directory for ISO 7372 - working on
new ISO standard for relationships between core components
relationships.  Data dictionary has normative parts is definition and
four-digit code and old name ... remainder is informative ... including
name which is indicative not normative.  It also has links to a number of
things, including EDIfact and UN Layout Key and specific documents and box
numbers.

Links between UNeDocs and UN Layout Key - box completion guidelines for 12
document types for each of the forms.  UNCEFACT has taken on UNeDocs work
including old trial work on UNeCe site, and will be taking UK work.  Sue
and Michael will send UK work to HISC to look at.

MDill - Data models before end of week.  Will know by the end of the week
when UK work will be made available to HISC.

SG - Could we add UNTDED four-digit code to UBL? the idea would be to add
these to the spreadsheets (or the LayoutKey labels)

MDill - that might mean extra work for UNeDocs though - it would involve
extensions to the tool model, extensions to CCTS implementation

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc